Sited on 530 acres, Island and Sanctuary Farm is nestled along the tranquil shores of the Broadkill River. This picturesque retreat is graced by a world class three bedroom three bath custom crafted Log Home of more than 3500 square feet. The idyllic Hunting Lodge features soaring timber frame interior with timeless sophisticated amenities and is built to last for generations. Multiple fireplaces set the stage for fellowship and intimate family gatherings. Sweeping verandas surround a tranquil salt water pool creating the vantage point for dramatic Broadkill River front sunsets.
Perfect for hunting, fishing, or equestrian interests, this spectacular offering is adjacent to the Primehook Wildlife Refuge, designated by the American Bird Conservancy and National Audubon Society as a globally significant habitat. Preserving and protecting a diverse landscape featuring freshwater and salt marshes, grasslands, and forested areas, the sequestered acreage is abundant with diverse wildlife and open pastures.
This romantic paradise offers sanctuary to endangered and threatened species and provides habitat for the Delmarva fox squirrel, nesting bald eagles and migrating peregrine falcons. Migrating tropical land birds pass through and utilize the refuge's upland forested habitat during the fall and spring. Three ponds stocked with game fish, can be flooded to make substantially larger wildfowl improvements.
The property is improved by two 5 acre building envelopes along the Broadkill River, allowing for enhancement with additional custom construction. This creates an opportunity for 1/3 or 2/3 Fractional ownership opportunities, which may be considered. Additional amenities include a Pole Barn, improved boat launch, bulk head and dock. This infinitely private estate is an extraordinary offering seen once in a lifetime.
Open Space and Wildlife
• Remarkable wildlife, hunting, fishing and bird watching
• Three ponds stocked with game fish (can be flooded to make larger wildfowl impoundments)
• Extraordinary Fur and feather hunting
• Plus Prime Hook Refuge added to other preserves and permanently protected farmland this is well on the way to a 17,000 acre “Great Marsh” landscape
• Designated by the American Bird Conservancy and National Audubon as a Globally Important Bird Area
• Shares common boundary with the 10,000 acre Prime Hook National Wildlife
Refuge administered by the US Department of Interior Fish and Wildlife Service.
• Served by underground electrical, delivered natural gas, on-site water wells and on-site septic system
• Amenities include Pole barn, improved boat launch, bulk head and dock
This offering may also be sold separately in two private packages.
• 313.068 acres permanently protected allowing existing lodge plus a five acre separately deeded “Homestead site” and ¼ miles along the Broadkill River
• 217.149 acres permanently protected allowing only one future river front house to be built in a 5 acre “building envelope”
• 150 Tillable Acres
For additional information visit www.islandsanctuaryfarm.com